Thursday, March 26, 2015

Westfarthing Homestead

"Today, it is brought home to me, that it is no small thing to celebrate a simple life." Bilbo Baggins

Yes, I'm a J.R.R.Tolkien fan.  ;)

One of the things which makes me happy is Backyard Farming.  I'm a hobbit at heart, although I sometimes fancy myself an elf.

I will be posting about my backyard farm under the name of Westfarthing Homestead in honor of Tolkien.  The actual backyard farm has a different name for privacy reasons. 

I'm interested in chickens, raised gardens, container gardens, rabbits, quail, and chickens, and maybe Nigerian Dwarf Goats one day. 

Busy today, so I can't write a long post.  However, here are two YouTube channels I've learned a lot from, for your viewing pleasure.

Imasurvivornthriver raises Jumbo Coturnix Quail and rabbits, Florida Whites I think.   https://www.youtube.com/user/imasurvivornthriver

Pavlov Fowl raises organic chickens and quail for eggs only, I think.  I think she's vegetarian.   https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX1ZrB4FT0mPuxcttCM6ljQ

Now, go dig in some dirt or dance in some mud puddles!

No comments: