Thursday, October 31, 2013

Polishing and Monetizing

Not everything will be perfect tomorrow for the launch of this blog, but close enough.  You'll see the Laura Ingalls Wilder book on the right sidebar.  My intention is to feature a "cabin" each week from home builders and such and also books and magazines about cabins.  I don't have permission to do that yet and, anyway, The Little House in the Big Woods book deserves the honor of being first.
.
Fair Warning:  I will be doing AdSense and other ads on this blog, so you will see ads once it gets going.  I don't particularly like ads and I'll try to make them as non-annoying as possible.  But, the fact is my husband is unemployed and every little bit helps.  So, please bear with me.
.
We don't celebrate Halloween in our family, so, for today, I'll just say Happy Fall Festival!  I can't make costumes like I used to and I miss that.  Still, we've managed to put together a princess, a cat, a hunting guide, and the Tribute from District 9 and 3-Quarters (eldest combining costumes from Harry Potter and the Hunger Games.)

2 comments:

Tia said...

Some feedback from a FireFox user--your Subscribe and "Awesome" wigits take up too room and leak out into the center column, where they cover up your content. I think that "subscribe" box needs about 300 pixels, and your sidebars are only about 100 pixels wide. I personally use a 250 pixel sidebar, and skip any wigits that I cannot adjust to fit.

Kimber Li said...

Thanks!