Friday, January 2, 2015

Book Review Policy

At this point, I would like to review anything, Fiction or Non-Fiction, having to do with life between 1912 and 1963.  Why those dates?  The Titanic sank in 1912 and President John F. Kennedy was assassinated in 1963.  They're like anchor points, because most of the history I'm interested in took place between those dates. 

Although...it wouldn't be difficult to talk me into anything really cool along the lines of Steampunk, Sherlock Holmes, and Jules Verne, so long is it's 1900 or later.  Also, it should be noted that the first episode of the original Star Trek aired in 1966.  Just, you know, FYI.

I will only review one book per week.

I cannot participate in Blog Hops or any other book promotional activities, besides reviews.  Sorry.

I've learned the hard way that I must be absolutely strict with myself when I'm on the computer.  That means I will only be reviewing books I'm absolutely sure of - I just don't have time for anything else.

Other than that, any genre will do, except Horror or Erotica.  If there is nookie, make it Rated PG, 'kay?  Also, I tend to become nauseated by stories in which children are abused in any way.  So, none of that, please. 

Traditional or eBooks are fine, out of print, new release, old release, I really don't care.  But, please, don't spend money sending me anything unless I tell you I'm sure of it!  I don't want to live with the guilt that money was wasted on me.

I may end up changing this policy to adapt to new circumstances and interests.

Thanks!

No comments: