Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Re-Organizing

Greetings, Guys & Dolls,

Now that I've been at this new blog for a while I can see what I like and am thinking of new things to do.  So far, I know I want to blog on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays only.  This is to cut back on my computer time on the other days of the week.  Nevertheless, I'll probably have multiple posts on the days that I do blog. 

I've been watching Coal House at War  devotedly and it's inspired me to work harder at my cooking.  This evening, for example, I made Brown Sugar Doughnuts from Grandmas Wartime Kitchen    .  The nice thing about 1940s cooking is that the recipes are low or no sugar, which I've cut out or waaaaay back on.  This was due to World War II rationing.  If you're a typical cook from my generation or younger, you'll discover how incredibly difficult it was for the 1940s cook.  If you don't have good basic skills going in, your family would have starved.  Making those rations stretch and accommodate everyone was just a monumental undertaking, especially in Great Britain!  Here's a modern English lady who is using this way of cooking and eating to lose weight-   http://1940sexperiment.wordpress.com/

Anyway, see you all back here Friday.

P.S. The doughnuts turned out butt-ugly, but the children loved them! ;)

No comments: