Tuesday, January 6, 2015

My First Vintage Compliment!

Okay, I had to share, even though I really don't have a category for this in the weekly schedule.  I started doing my hair like  Lauren Bacall  only red.  Today as I was leaving a store a senior lady and her caregiver were coming in and the lady looked startled at me.  She said, "Oh, such pretty hair!"  I imagine Lauren Bacall was a major star when this lady was a teen or thereabouts.  Anyway, it made my day.  I haven't felt pretty in a very long time.  It's nice to find my groove again.

In other news, I want to post on the sidebar each week a 'Cultivating Kindness' tip of the week.  For me, I've committed myself to sending real paper birthday cards because I've noticed my children get really excited when their grandmothers send them.  No one else does.  Well, think about how rare real paper greeting cards are these days!  It makes them feel special and I know I feel special when I receive one too.  So, that is my commitment to kindness this week. 

No comments: